At the time of the interview Alex was 16 years old and had been involved for 5 years. See some of his responses below:
- I went to school more because of here and that helped my relationship with my parents.
- Gave me social skills and customers service skills through the sales.
- Looked good on my resume and knowing bikes and having bikes as a hobby helped me get a job teaching others to ride.
- Encouraged me to not spend my sessions on smaller unnecessary things but save up for better things. This has transferred over to money management for me.
- Helped me think about other future career choices because of the program. Things I would never have thought of before.
- Made me want to be more generous and help out others. Before here would never have thought of taking a random kid for a ride but now I want to do that sort of stuff.