At the time of the interview Kain was 16 years old and had been involved for 5 years. See some of his responses below:
- Even if there is conflict there is space to sort it out.
- Helped me get over anxiety with customers and having to meet new people.
- It did help me a lot with school, helped me get back to school, helped to re-enter schooling.
- It got me work through a course that was organised.
- Got a job working on maintaining and hiring out bikes on Maria Island.
- Helped me take on more responsibilities.
- Made me think about the future and what I want to do in life – especially those conversations around the campfire.