At the time of the interview Mason was 14 years old and had been involved for 3 years. See some of his responses below:
- Learnt about resilience when it comes to dealing with people who might come and mouth off or have a bad attitude.
- Gives me a bit of a break from school at times cause if I find it really draining, going to bikes gives me a break from that.
- Business skills, like retail skills I’ve acquired here will help me when I go to get a job.
- Helped me help other kids if they need a hand on their bikes.
- Wanting to be a helpful and kind person.
- I can come here and get session and parts and stuff without it costing money.
- Wouldn’t normally been able to ride my bike for a while until Dad got what I needed or fixed it.